With our bishop’s blessing, and based on the success and broad rollout of the vaccines — please get yours as soon as it’s available to you! — we hope to resume limited capacity, in-person worship on June 6. Our Reopening Task Force has been meeting to ensure that all safety measures will be in place.
Initially, we will offer one service each Sunday at 9:00am (to be live-streamed and available following on all our video channels – Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Livestream), along with in-person childcare and Sunday School. Masks are required.
The service will run 45 minutes to about an hour and include the normal elements of our Sunday celebrations, with organ and/or piano and a soloist, but not congregational or choral singing until after Labor Day. (We hope!)
What will returning to in-person services look like?
- Like you, the staff and leadership teams at Dayspring have been waiting anxiously for in-person services to return. We’ve missed you and can’t wait to see you again!
- We give thanks for the gift of vaccines, and encourage you to wait the entire two week period after your final vaccination before attending an in-person service.
- If you aren’t feeling well or change your mind, please do not attend service.
- The sanctuary, narthex, and restrooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to each service.
- Masks are required on our campus at all times.
- We will not have paper bulletins and Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews. Hynmals are available by request. All information will be projected on the walls and a digital bulletin will be available HERE (with technical assistance if needed) to view on your smartphone if you prefer.
- Every other row of pews will be blocked off to allow space between those in attendance. There’s a good chance you won’t be able to sit in “your regular Sunday spot”, so we ask you to embrace the opportunity to see our beautiful sanctuary from a different perspective.
- We are pausing the Passing of the Peace for now and ushers will not collect an offering directly. We will have secured giving boxes in the narthex – where you enter/exit, or you may still give online.
- Following the service, we have also temporarily suspended our coffee fellowship and the playground will be closed.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 test within two weeks of attending a service, please contact the church office immediately at (480) 838-1446 so we can notify others that they may have been exposed to the virus.
- Even as we gradually return to normal, we will still continue to offer the services online through all our video channels. Offering our services through livestream to those who are not able to attend in person has been and continues to be an important part of our ministry!