With our bishop’s blessing, and based on the success and broad rollout of the vaccines — please get yours as soon as it’s available to you! — we hope to resume limited capacity, in-person worship on June 6. Our Reopening Task Force has been meeting to ensure that all safety measures will be in place.
Initially, we will offer one service each Sunday at 9:00am (to be live-streamed and available following on all our video channels – Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Livestream), along with in-person childcare and Sunday School. Masks are required and all offerings will be limited in capacity and available by online reservation only (click the link below).
The service will run about 45 minutes and include the normal elements of our Sunday celebrations, with organ and/or piano and a soloist, but not congregational or choral singing for the time being (we will continue to use prerecorded video of the choirs).
We ask that those who attend in-person services commit to serving at least once a month as an usher or on the clean-up crew.
Need help with registration? Watch a How-To video HERE.
What will returning to in-person services look like?
- Like you, the staff and leadership teams at Dayspring have been waiting anxiously for in-person services to return. We’ve missed you and can’t wait to see you again!
- We give thanks for the gift of vaccines, and encourage you to wait the entire two week period after your final vaccination before attending an in-person service.
- Reservations are required by 6pm the Thursday prior to service. Attendance is limited to 25% of our capacity (200 people).
- If you aren’t feeling well or change your mind, please cancel your reservation in order to allow someone else to attend.
- The sanctuary, narthex, and restrooms will be thoroughly cleaned prior to each service.
- Masks are required on our campus at all times.
- When entering the campus, check in with one of our ushers or greeters to confirm your reservation. We will not have paper bulletins and Hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the pews. All information will be projected on the walls and a digital bulletin will be available (with technical assistance if needed) to view on your smartphone if you prefer.
- Every other row of pews will be blocked off to allow space between those in attendance. There’s a good chance you won’t be able to sit in “your regular Sunday spot”, so we ask you to embrace the opportunity to see our beautiful sanctuary from a different perspective.
- We are pausing the Passing of the Peace for now and ushers will not collect an offering directly. We will have secured giving boxes in the narthex – where you enter/exit, or you may still give online.
- Following the service, we have also temporarily suspended our coffee fellowship and the playground will be closed.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 test within two weeks of attending a service, please contact the church office immediately at (480) 838-1446 so we can notify others in attendance that day that they may have been exposed to the virus.
- Even as we gradually return to normal, we will still continue to offer the services online through all our video channels. Offering our services through livestream to those who are not able to attend in person has been and continues to be an important part of our ministry!